16.10.08

Teachers and technologies

I want to share a message from a discussion group of the online course I teach for the Open University of Catalunya. It is from a secondary school teacher of Math and Science, and I think there is some truth we should bear in mind: learning is people, and people is always different!

Spanish (original)
Sin embargo, si me interesa la remarcar la importancia de la adecuación de los materiales al nivel de los usuarios. (...) ¿Qué necesita un MDM para ser útil? (...) simplemente adecuarse a las circunstancias particulares del aula!!, unas veces sirve uno y otras veces otro.....
Porqué?, no lo sé y me encantaría saberlo. ¿Porqué el curso pasado he podido utilizar la unidad de los números racionales con el 2º de ESO y este año en las mismas circunstancias, el mismo planteamiento, las mismas actividades... resultó un fracaso?. No lo sé!!!

English
No doubt I'd like to emphasize the importance of adapting hypermedia materials to the level of users. (...) What does an hypermedia material need for bring useful? (...) simply to be adequate to the specific setting of each class!! sometimes it is useful, other times not.
Why? I don't know and i'd love to learn it. ¿Why could I use the unit on rational number with grade 7 last year, while this year, with the same grade, the same schedule and the same activities... it was a mess? I don't know!!!

1 comment:

Emanuele Rapetti said...

Dear Luca,
IMHO the topic you're stressing is one of the "universal question" about learning and teaching process...i think it should be interesting to ask the same question to Otto Peters.