23.3.09

from Kung Fu Panda - The way of Oogway

Isn't it the core of education?

"Oogway:
Your mind is like this water, my friend , when it is agitated, it becomes difficult to see, but if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear. True warrior, but do not surrender... Yes, look at this tree Shifu, I can not make it blossom when it suits me, nor make it bear food before it’s time...
Shifu: but there are things we can control, I can control when the fruit will fall... And I can control. What time to seed. That is not illusion, Master...
Oogway: Yes, but no matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Shifu: But peach cannot defeat Tai Long
Oogway: Maybe it can, if you are willing to guide it, to nurture it, to believe in it...
Shifu: but how, how? I need your help, master.
Oogway: No, you just need to believe. Promise me, Shifu. Promise me you will believe.
shifu: I will try."

2 comments:

Emanuele Rapetti said...

thanks, silvia, for this video!

you should define this the core of education if you think that "to educate" means to learn how to live...

...but, are you so sure that all the effort we spend in "education" carry people to this?

Silvia said...

... at least, I hope so...